- Temporarily limit all visitors to the farm. This includes our work/trade program, public open houses, workshops, and any non-resident of the property.
- Sanitize our farm stand multiple times per day, provide disinfecting wipes for customer use. Encourage one customer in the farm stand at a time to allow for social distancing.
- All produce in the Farm Stand will be pre-packed, easy to grab and go
- Regularly using 1:10 bleach solution to spray wash/pack surfaces, harvest bins & crates, frequently touched surfaces & objects
- Proper use of nitrile gloves when harvesting, processing, packing produce https://dmna.ny.gov/foodservice/docs/toolbox/proper_gloveuse.pdf
- Will not be accepting/handling reusable bags, wax boxes, containers, etc. for CSA shares, farm stand, farmers market, restaurant deliveries (customers may transfer safely into reusable bags but no farm staff will be handling such items)
- CSA shares will be pre-packed and ready for easy grab and go
- Friday Farm Stand CSA pick-up will be curb side pick-up
- Farmers Market: our set-up will be “shop with your eyes,” only farm staff will handle and bag produce, a table will separate customers from vendor tent for easy hand-off and sanitization between transactions.
- One designated farm staff will handle only check-out, one designated farm staff will handle only produce, and one designated farm staff will only handle CSA pick-up (this is not super different from our usual market set-up but social distancing and sanitization will be of utmost importance)
- We will encourage cashless transactions at market and use a self-serve cash drop box for paying with exact change
Please note that our farm response is subject to change based on the escalation, deescalation, or any other changes surrounding the current public health crisis. We feel the need to plan and re-plan often to make sure we are protecting our farm staff and customers. We strive to be a source of local food for our community during this time. Please feel free to reach out with questions, concerns, or if you or someone you know is in need at this time. We are here as a community resource and we are not alone in this. Many farms, restaurants, and small businesses are rallying together to support our local community now more than ever.
Be well and know we are here for you,
Carolyn, Ben, Tianna & Raisin
Contact us via email: